Eloy Gonzalez
English 1320/1301.158
Trang Phan
9/30/10
Rhetorical Awareness
Q1. You are probably aware of the importance of Rhetorical reading thus far. I would like to know how you would evaluate your use of rhetorical reading strategies and whether you will have any plans to improve your rhetorical skills and what are the plans?
I do think my rhetorical reading skills need to improve in order to have a better understanding of what I am reading and in order to make easier on myself to write about what I am reading. I do plan on making more time to read rhetorically and in consequence making it more understandable and easier on myself not only for the SQRs but also in research papers and other assignments or duties that I have to make. Aside from making more time, I will have the least distractions as possible to keep focus on what I’m reading.
Q2. You are also expected to have a good understanding about Writer-Based Prose and Reader-Based Prose and the difference between them lies in the use of Rhetorical Strategies. I would like to know how you would differentiate the use of rhetorical strategies in writing (from reading as above) and what will be your plans to improve your rhetorical strategies in writing.
A Writer-Based prose writes to himself without leaving room for comments or questions and a Reader-Based prose demonstrates a point behind what they are saying and leaves room for questions or constructive criticism. That is what Rhetorical strategies are about. Rhetorical strategies make you go beyond the text and as a consequence making you question the author’s point of view and even criticizing their work. My plan most of all will be to see the author’s point of view and pay close attention and see if I coincide as well and criticize if necessary. As I previously mention, I will give myself more time to full understand the text and to keep focus of the topic being read.
No comments:
Post a Comment